Companies and Business
Savoie is strategically positioned as it is part of a dynamic regional cluster and is close to the main business centres in Europe.
Its economy relies heavily on winter tourism. There is also a strong industrial culture. Over the last few years, sectors related to mountain industries, renewable energy (solar power) and innovation have developed.
Flagship industries :
Agri-food business, eco-friendly industries, mountain industries, composite materials, information and communication technology, metal work, specialized fields in particular solar energy, as the internationally-renowned INES (French National Institute for Solar Power) has established itself in the Savoie Technolac high-tech cluster.
Savoie technolac high-tech cluster
The department’s high-tech cluster is located within the immediate vicinity of the airport. The terminal is also right next to: 230 companies (3,500 employees), 20 research laboratories, 5 higher education establishments, 700 teacher-researchers and 5,000 students as well as 40 supported businesses.
High-tech cluster companies include:
- INES The French National Institute for Solar Power
- HASBRO Games and toys
- Lisa Airplanes Light aircraft, based on pioneering technology and design
- IFM Electronics Industrial automation
- Purple Labs Development of GSM-standard cell phones
- CIH - EDF Conception and study of hydraulic structures
More details on: www.savoie-technolac.com
Major business clusters
Numerous businesses have established themselves around Chambéry and around the department’s major traffic routes and towns.
- At 10 minutes from Chambéry Savoie Airport: Savoie Hexapole hosts 110 businesses, including: Runipsys Europe SAS - Socla - SAT - Thimon - Merylithe - Accel - Quicksilver, etc. http://www.mery73.fr/hexapole.php
- Alpespace, located close to Grenoble, Chambéry and the Tarentaise and Maurienne Valleys, attracts activities in the fields of microelectronics, sports, leisure & outdoor activities and mountain development. 140 companies are established here, including: Merlin Gerin Alpes - Skid Wintersteiger - Skidata - Patiprestige - Leitner France - Prinoth France - Snowstar France - Groupe MND. - www.alpespace.com
- The Arc Isère industrial activities cluster is ideally situated in the Maurienne Valley at the intersection of the road to Italy and of the Grésivaudan Valley that leads to Grenoble. It provides immediate direct access to the motorway network and to a rail junction (Modalhor hub). Arcelor Mittal - Bertrand Distribution - Gab Lombardi - www.arc-isere.fr
- Albertville Ugine Tarentaise Expansion is home to subcontractors and to major industrial groups that are notably specialized in metalwork. It is a showcase for sports and leisure firms. At 1h from the airport: 17 industrial zones - Ugitech - Kassbohrer - La Source du Verger - Areva-Cezus - UCAR/Graftech - MSSA - InPact - www.albertvilletarentaisexp.com
- Maurienne Expansion provides prime access to northern Italy via the Fréjus Tunnel. 6 sites host industrial activities in particular in the fields of metalwork and transformation.
93 companies are established at a 1-hour drive from the airport, including:Spirel - Finder - Gate France - Metaltemple - Aluminium Péchiney - Skibadge - Prisme - Dopplemayr - Jemaplast - Filtech - www.maurienne-expansion.fr
More details on: www.savoie-entreprise.com